We have been blessed
We are a community of faith that has been richly blessed, including an endowment from members with great foresight. We have funds dedicated to preserving our building and to further our mission projects, both locally and abroad. However, we still need faithful giving from our members to cover staff salaries, and pay our other bills. Each fall we embark on a campaign of stewardship of the blessings we have received from God and how those resources can best serve His kingdom on Earth.
2016-2017 Stewardship campaign
- "Inspired by our legacy, imagine our future" is our 2016-2017 campaign theme
- A campaign kick off event will be held at Camp Wabasso on Sunday September 18, including lunch, a presentation, and activities on the waterfront and recreation fields until 5pm.
- The campaign runs from October to November
- Rev. Dr. Fred Garry has written a daily devotional "Lost and Found, Finding Grace and Losing Disdain" that reflects on the four parables of loss found in Luke 15. It is designed to be read daily over the course of 4 weeks, but can also be read more quickly. Copies are available in the narthex, fellowship hall and the office.
- Please consider also pledging to cover the annual apportionment fee of $20 per family member that our church pays to help fund the programs and mission of our denomination, the PCUSA.
If you wish to remember First Presbyterian in your will, or to celebrate the passing of one of our members, your gifts can be directed in various ways.
- Memorial fund - used for beautification projects at the church, or as other needs arise.
- Unrestricted endowment - funds are added to the church endowment and drawn upon to support the life of the congregation without restriction
- Mission funds - used strictly to further the mission project of the church, and can be directed to youth, local or foreign missions
- Building funds - used strictly for maintenance of the building and grounds
We are able to accept your pledges or donations to special projects online through Paypal. Please be sure to note during the checkout process where you would like your funds used - pledge, a particular fund or project.